Saturday, October 27, 2007

THE PUMPKIN PATCH

SIGN AT ENTRANCE
Time to set down my thoughts and photos of where I worked this summer. The Pumpkin Patch is a delightful campground just out of Bangor, Maine. 75 regular sites plus overflow sites (even they have 20 AMP electric and 4 of them have free cable TV) and then there are boondock sites. From mid-June until the end of September when I left we were full or close to it every night. If you go there, reservation are strongly recommended. This park is aimed mostly for seniors so there were not many children around & there is no pool or playground.

Since starting full-timing in 1993 and having worked there I can say this is one of the cleanest most kept up parks I have ever seen. The worker that cleans the bathrooms carries a toothbrush and single edge razor blade in his pocket. They are immaculate!! The owners Jim & Marilyn Carter also full time and they go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. In the office there is a board with tear-off directions to the places we all need to find such as nearest grocery store, Wal*Mart, post office etc. Everyone in the office was from around the area and could really tell you where to go & what to see. The campground is about an hour from Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park so it is easily reached on a day trip. Instead of about $75 or more a night for a campground in Bar Harbor the Pumpkin Patch is a steal at only $28.50 full rate with a variety of discounts available. In the office where I worked Nancy Gonzales can send you off for a day in Acadia with clear directions and recommendation of whatto see or do. Try it sometime, you won't be displeased. No, they did not pay me to write this park review (LOL)
THE OFFICE
PAT & NANCY
PUMPKIN CROP FAILED THIS YEAR!
VIEW AS YOU APPROACH
BEGINNING OF CAMPSITES
End of this blog for quite awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.