Sunday, September 02, 2007

CADILLAC MOUNTAIN

After the whale cruise, we went into Arcadia National Park. It was well after lunch so we decided to go to a restaurant beside Jordon Pond that locals had told us was a "must do". They are most known for popovers which are baked there daily and the home-made strawberry jam that accompanies the popovers. I really do not remember the rest of the meal-a pasta of some kind but the popovers-that memory is a lasting one. So tall & crisp and when you broke them open they released steam and the air pockets were quickly filled with the delicious strawberry jam. I wish I had taken a picture of them & maybe one of us eating one to see if I could make you drool. (Smile here).


We from the west scoff at what the Easterners call "mountains", as they come across as only hills to us. Cadillac Mountain is less than 1600 ft and fits this description. I Have traveled to the top of Pike's Peak but never have I felt like being on top of the world as I did at Cadillac Mountain. The view from there is like a 360 degree postcard, water and islands and green all
around.







No comments: